About Antigua Tours
Antigua Tours LLC has specialized in Cultural Tourism in Guatemala since 1992. We offer personalized itineraries based on traveler’s needs and requests. We offer safe, efficient travel throughout the country with new vehicles, licensed guides and great rates on hotels and airlines.
Elizabeth Bell is an active member of various associations in Antigua that provide support in favor of the preservation and positive development of Antigua. She currently contributes to Asociación Destino Antigua, Namaste Direct, Fundación Antigua, Salvemos Antigua and others. One special project for her is financing the restoration of the colonial paintings at San Jose Catedral (2006 – 2014) and her new project of the restoration of the Archbishop’s Chapel.
About the Owner/Author Elizabeth Bell
Elizabeth Bell, a resident of Antigua since 1969, born in Burlingame, California, grew up in Palo Alto, and moved to Antigua at the age of 14. She is a graduate of the University of San Carlos in Guatemala, holding a degree in Teaching English as a Second Language.
She completed her Master of Arts (ABT) at the University of Washington, majoring in Latin American history and historiography.
She received the Guatemalan government’s highest award for her preservation efforts in Antigua – the Gold Award “Diego de Porres” by the National Council for the Protection of La Antigua Guatemala on December 1st, 2011 for “her tireless efforts during 42 years in providing useful information about La Antigua Guatemala through her multiple books and lectures and her constant efforts in the preservation of the City and its Cultural Heritage”.
- Hillary Clinton (as First Lady of the United States)
- Senator Carl Levin, Senator Thad Cochran, Senator Harry Reid, Senator Robert Menendez, Senator Mike Crapo and other US Senators over the years
- Admiral and Mrs. James Sravridis (US Southern Command)
- High ranking guests from Samsung, Microsoft, McDonald’s and the International Development Bank
- US Ambassadors to Guatemala and other countries, and other distinguished guests and visitors including diplomats from the US, Mexico and the European Union. She greets all visitors with the same enthusiasm and loves her work.